Monday, November 10, 2008

Harvest Winding Down

Soybean Season Comes To An End


Ty approaches with his International Harvester as he empties the soybeans into the semi-truck which are hauled back to the bins.
A Dirty Job well done by Ty as he cleans the air-conditioner filter which will allow him to be comfortable as he slaves away.
With the soybean harvest completed, it wasn't long before the corn head replaced the flex head on the combine and then it was off to the corn fields. Corn harvest began late because of the cool spring that gave plants a late start. The guys put in some long days combining corn as well as working around the clock in order to get as much corn harvested before the winter storm approached on Thursday, November 6th.

4 comments:

Troy said...

What a change of scenery. From a beautiful fall day to a cold snowy windy day.

dewitzclan said...

You need to be a professional photographer. I love that first picture of the combine straight on.

Debra said...

Thanks dewitzclan for the nice compliment.

Laurel said...

I agree with Shannon -- makes me miss living there sometimes when I read your blog. I love that I can still see it!! Great pictures!