Thursday, March 12, 2009

What a Celebration!

We attended the game in Hazelton on February 27th where the Kidder County Lady Pirates defeated Litchville-Marion-Montpelier with a score of 52-35 for the Region 3 Title.

This was the third time in the last five years that the Kidder County Lady Pirates have appeared in the State B Girls Basketball Tournaments. Our kids were so excited when we told them that we were going to Grand Forks on March 6th and 7th. It was an honor to watch the Kidder County Lady Pirates play!

With seconds remaining in the championship game, the score was tied at 43-43. Lady Pirate #11, Lindsey Sand, quickly dribbled the ball down the lane and missed the shot. Lady Pirate #22, Eli Benz, rebounded the ball and made the winning basket at the buzzer and defeated Fordville-Lankin-Park River with a final score of 45-43.


The photo above was taken by Eric Hylden


2009 State Champions of Class B Girls Basketball


Four coaches at the Class B Girls Tournament at the Alerus Center had daughters who played for them.

Kidder County Head Coach, Mark Sand and his daughter, Lindsey

The photo above was taken by Eric Hylden

I feel that a spirit award should go to this outstanding couple. Kurt really knew how to work the crowd by firing up the Pirate Fans.

Can you find Justin in this crowd?

Kimberly giving a High Five.


Candid Snapshots at the Alerus Center



4 comments:

Laurel said...

That looks like an amazing game!! Way to go Lady Pirates!!

Anonymous said...

Mom and Sean said it was a really great game! Too bad I didn't get to watch! I wish I would have been able too!
And no, I couldn't find Waldo (Justin)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! What an honor for the school. They should be very proud for years to come.

Troy

Debra said...

Kaitlyn:

Look Harder!

Your Best Cousin Ever-Justin