Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Riddle Me ~ Riddle Me Ree

Looking out my window....
we're greeted with another North Dakota Blizzard. We are receiving more snow which is blowing and making snow drifts from the strong howling winds. With these blizzard conditions, the kids are enjoying that there has been no school for the past two days.

I am thinking....
that I am not wanting to spend time outside and in order for me to continue to simplify our home inside, I decided to tackle another one of those dreadful boxes that remain to rest so quietly on a shelf in our garage.

I enjoy watching....
the girls rummage through each box that I bring in as if it were a large Christmas present. Some items can easily be tossed while other items bring back a flurry of memories.

We came upon....
a piece of paper which included some of their favorite riddles that I had collected over the years. When we travel long distances, such as going to Nebraska for irrigation parts, I would bring this list along to help pass the time. My four munchkins always enjoyed trying to guess the riddles as I read them aloud.

Spend a few minutes having fun with your family and see how many you can guess.

Riddle Me ~ Riddle Me Ree, I see something you don't see.
  1. I run all day and never walk. I tell you something but I don't talk.
  2. A house with no windows nor doors to behold. Crack me open inside, I'm gold.
  3. When you look at my face it's easy to see, you're looking at you when you're looking at me.
  4. Round like a plate, flat as a chip, holes like eyes, but can't see a bit.
  5. Soft as a petal that falls from a tree, the more I dry, the wetter I'll be.
  6. I'm inside and outside, I'm short or I'm tall. You look at me to see through a wall.
  7. Fluffy and light, I live in the sky, my shape ever-changing as I go by.
  8. The warmer it gets, the more I wear. But when it's cold, I am quite bare.
  9. In sand and in mud, I'm easy to find. You're always in front, I'm always behind.
  10. I don't have feet to skip or hop, yet I can run and never stop.
  11. In bright sunshine, I'm always here. But turn off the lights and I disappear.
  12. I'm like a garden of blossoms bright that only blooms in dark of night.
  13. I have legs but never run. Tuck yourself in, and wait for the sun.

The answers are:

1 clock ~ 2 egg ~ 3 mirror ~ 4 button ~ 5 towel ~ 6 window ~ 7 cloud ~ 8 tree ~ 9 footprints ~ 10 river ~ 11 shadow ~ 12 stars ~ 13 bed

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yea....I got about 5 of those. I wouldn't make much money if they had a gameshow titled "Are you smarter than a 3 year old?"!

Troy