Tuesday, October 21, 2008

When The Sun Goes Down...

As the sun was beginning to set, it was such a delight for our family to go on our routine trip to check the cattle and to make sure they had water.


Since the majority of you all know, we actually do not take many vacations. I need to confess that I get to take several mini-vacations with Ty and the kids which are waiting for us just outside our door. The photo below is one of my favorite spots located north of our house and I would like to share it with you due to the fact that the spectacular scenery is forever changing each time I visit. The small slough changes from the winds stirring the water into whitecaps. You can watch the waves grow in height and strength as they crash to the shore, or the water's surface will be as smooth as glass that will reflect the clouds in the sky. They say diamonds are a girls best friend and this evening when we arrived the sun was sparkling on the water like millions of dancing diamonds with a slight mist rising over the water as the geese glided quietly overhead. I was in awe. When the sun goes down, it doesn't get much prettier than watching a North Dakota sunset sink below the horizon.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Very pretty Deb. I agree the ND sunsets have to be the best.

KJ said...

Great picture! I didn't know you were such a photographer Deb! I too, love the ND sunsets.

dewitzclan said...

I agree with Kristi - great picture and great description - you could be a poet! Thanks for sharing.

Troy said...

Good job, Deb!! Thanks for picking up the blog where Ty left off.