Today, I find myself remembering the attacks on the World Trade Center. It seems so hard to believe that it has been eight years ago.
I can remember trying to get comfortable on the couch with McKayla as it was time for her to nurse. While she nursed, I reached for the remote and turned on the television. I definitely am not fond of watching horror movies ~ so I started flipping through the channels and thought this is strange! It only took seconds to discover that the same thing was on every channel. I remember getting up off the couch and holding on so tight to McKayla as I just stood there glued to the TV as I watched the second plane hit.
I can remember trying to get comfortable on the couch with McKayla as it was time for her to nurse. While she nursed, I reached for the remote and turned on the television. I definitely am not fond of watching horror movies ~ so I started flipping through the channels and thought this is strange! It only took seconds to discover that the same thing was on every channel. I remember getting up off the couch and holding on so tight to McKayla as I just stood there glued to the TV as I watched the second plane hit.

I thought to myself, "Can this actually be happening?" I quickly called my parents to see if they were watching TV and Dad answered stating, “All flights have been cancelled ~ you are so fortunate that Ty arrived home safely from his flight from New York. This is bad. We are now in war and under attack!”

As we go through this day, let us remember the victims, the hero's, everyone from that day... And I think as Americans, we need to bring back the spirit that we found after the attacks. We shouldn't only claim that spirit in the wake of something horrific, we live in the best place on earth and we should be thankful for that. We should always thank our armed forces, the ones who have fought and returned, the ones who are still fighting and the ones we have lost...




1 comment:
Amen, Deb!
~~Merrilee
(Lisa O. pointed me to your awesome blog.)
Post a Comment